Sports nutrition encompasses a lot of different areas, from staying hydrated, feeding athletes while traveling, optimal eating before, during and after exercise, to the controversial area of supplements. We have created a huge resource covering all these areas, plus more. Whether you are an aspiring or elite athlete, a parent or coach, this site has a large collection of sports nutrition advice, and best of all - it's for free! Please have a good look around. To stay up to date, sign up to the sports nutrition newsletter. We also have sections on Nutrition for Health and Weight Loss.
- Weight Control — for many athletes, the greatest nutritional concern is body weight, whether making weight in the short term, or losing or gaining a few extra pounds.
- Macronutrients — each of the major food nutrients play a role in the diet of athletes.
- Hydration — it is important to get enough fluids before competition and training, but also it is important to re-hydrate after exercise to aid recovery.
- Supplementation — for the extra edge, you may need to supplement your diet, but it is not always a simple decision.
Latest Sports Nutrition Pages
- A Chef for Athletes [Nov '23]
- New Supplements for Sport [Oct '23]
- Pre-Workouts for Non-Athletes [Sep '23]
- Supplement Timing [Aug '23]
- Sports Nutrition Quiz [Aug '23]
- Guide To Protein Powder Usage [Aug '23]
- Scheduling Supplements [Aug '23]
- SARMS for increase muscle and strength [Jul '23]
- Timing Eating Around Exercise [June '23]
- Paris Olympics Food Service [May '23]
- Fuel for Exercise — when preparing for an event, you need to know what to eat or drink before, during or after your activity.
- Staying Healthy — it is important for all athletes to stay healthy, and eating a nutritious diet is one of the best ways to do this.
- Sport Specific Nutrition — whatever your sport, when preparing for an event, you need to know the best things to eat.
- Population Specific Nutrition — nutrition for the young and old athlete, and other specific groups.
- Travel Nutrition — a successful athlete may be required to travel for their sport, and there are many nutritional considerations for this.
- Events — sports nutrition for competing athletes at major events like the Olympics.
- Planning — daily and season plans for peak performance.
- Products & Services — to help you achieve you nutrition goals.
- More Athlete Resources — additional information about sports nutrition.
- Resources for Sports Dietitians — for those who are or want to become a nutrition specialist for athletes. How to conduct a cooking class, shopping tour, plus much more.
- Healthy Eating (not sport-specific)
- Nutrition for Weight Loss (not sport-specific)
- Nutrition entries on the sporting blog